Afterwards, they took the opportunity to pose for a family portrait that I've taken the liberty of sharing on this website.
|First row L to R Jenny Yates, Melissa Ripley, Babara German, Florence Belote, Rachel Ripley, Kristi German (Aaron's wife)|
Tim Yates, Rich Ripley, John German, Justin German, Erik Ripley, Aaron German
They are posing in front of a portrait of Buddy...which will, no doubt, someday hang in the WTOP Museum's Hall of Fame.
|Closer Look at Buddy's Portrait|
Jenny Yates was kind enough to give me an up date on Buddy and Florence's daughters shown in the picture above:
- Married John German -- they met at James Madison College (now University)
- Barb is a high school special education teacher and probably will retire in two years
- Her husband is retired, his career was as a guidance counselor in public schools, he also taught some college courses as well
- They have two sons, Justin and Aaron
- Justin works on Capital Hill and resides in Washington, D.C.
- Aaron works for Crutchfield and he and his wife Kristi reside in McGaheysville, Virginia
- Barb and John reside in Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Married Rich Ripley -- they both attended Arizona State Unviersity
- Melissa is a full time swimming coach (I don't know the team name) and also coaches a high school team -- she travels with her swimmers to the various meets (just as she did as a kid)
- Her husband is an Events Planner -- has his own company (I think it's called "Ripper Events") -- but he does that on the side now and has a full time job planning events for a public radio station)
- They have a daughter Rachel and a son Erik
- Rachel works in the fashion industry in New York City and Erik just graduated from Towson University
- Both Rachel and Erik followed in their mom's footsteps and were swimmers
- Melissa and Rich reside in Tempe, Arizona
- Married Timothy Yates
- I retired from IBM in 2013. I spent my 30 year career supporting their fulfillment systems -- the last 15 years supporting the SAP software programs which run IBM's System 390 software business. I telecommuted from my home for the last seven years of my career and this is why my folks came to live with me back in 2011 when my Dad got ill with pneumonia.
- Tim is also retired -- he had a long varied career [US Army Vietnam Veteran, High School teacher, Farmer, Junior High School science teacher, big rig Truck driver for Bowman, and then a Catholic School religion teacher].
- Tim's and my marriage is a second marriage for both of us. We met because I was formerly married to his brother(!). We were married in 2010 -- I lived in New Market, Maryland, and he has roots to Martinsburg, West Virginia. So I moved to Martinsburg in 2011 -- only after I found a house close by to his, as I was sure I was going to be taking my folks in at some point. Tim restores houses so I bought a 1922 bungalow for a song which he restored. The house was very small, so he built an in-law suite addition. Tim lives in a 200 year old house which he also restored. His home was on the Berkeley County Garden Tour in 2013. Tim is a wonderful carpenter and wood worker. He built the tiny casket for my Dad's urn.
- I never had any children, Tim has five sons and twelve grandchildren.
- I have a large feline family and also do cat fostering.